Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

strength in numbers

today i went to a networking meeting of women artists, and it helped a great deal. not only because i am so techno challenged, but because it is so extremely helpful to hear that other working artists have the same struggles, questions, fears, and dont always feel motivated or inspired to paint 24/7 (like i keep thinking i am supposed to be). It helps to see women who's work i admire, also have self doubts sometimes. Why are we harder on ourselves than anyone else? we cut other people slack, why not ourselves? Thats for smarter people to figure out,

Anyway being that i am SICK to death of shoveling snow, painting snow, looking at snow, and trying to find more colors in snow, i found these coral gerber daisies at Shoprite (my new muse) and the warmth of the sun flooded into my soul...i love this color now. Unfortunately by day 2, they had pretty much died (reminding me that yes, it is still winter) but the photos I took and the paintings that are coming out, make me think,,10 more weeks and Spring will be here...so there old man winter................

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how good snow looks when you can see the colors.... I've been tweaking snow over to blue of the photos I snapped of the snow. I'm into blue... but I think I'll try pink, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely painting. Jessica, my music child, often reminds me that in order to appreciate success, you have to starve for your art. Keep at it. Love the idea of a blog to follow your work!

    ReplyDelete